Wednesday, April 8, 2009

In the Beginning

So, where did the Tao of Snarky come from ? Well, to begin, the gentleman who became the Editor of Comics Obscura, Mr. Jay Jacot was a coworker of mine. We started talking shop one day on the job and we learned one of us could draw and one of us could write. A few months later, he came to me stating that himself and a few other artists from LCC (Lansing Community College) were going to throw their hats in the ring and put out a comic.
Having previously only written short stories and novelettes, I hadn't done any script writing in the styles used in the comic industry. I was , however, a reader and collector of comics , therefore I was familiar with the medium in that respect. So, I said I'd be happy to try and help.
Jay came to me with a couple drawings of a long nosed cop, just some single shots and he said something to the effect , that this character was in his head, and he wondered if I could come up with something. So, I took the images home and for a couple days, I let them stare at me. Finally, in July of 2006 I think , I was sitting at my keyboard and a single page write up emerged that would become J.W. Snarky.

No comments:

Post a Comment