Friday, February 17, 2012

Before the Dawn

Greetings,
     Awake in predawn hours, been a busier first two months in 2012 than expected. There is early buzz that Snarky's first full issue may finally see completion this year, so that is positive news on that front. Recently, narrowed down my monthly comics down to 10 titles. Batman books are the still largest chunk (with 3), and so far winning this months round was Batgirl #6. The issue ends with the title for issue 7, which my brain hopes is a hint that the Joker is coming to Batgirl's world. We shall see. Brubaker's Gotham Central Volume 3 is sitting on my shelf to read, and then the Frank Reade book shall follow.
         Beyond the illustrated page, I'm trying to contain my unhealthy excitement for Mass Effect 3, but I like to believe it is because my copy has already been paid for, just awaiting pick up on release day. I've been reading Doyle's A Study in Scarlet during quiet moment at home since the book is too oversized to carry abut town.
          In sports, I'm enjoying the Jeremy Lin event in the NBA, nice to see and read about a hardworking kid, taking the reigns when he got his shot. Eager for the start to the MLB season and watching some Tigers games through online MLB TV package.
             I had other thoughts as this started, but it got interrupted by a Jeremy Scahill story on Democracy Now.  Check out the Thursday show from Feb 16th, 2012.

     Have a good one.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment